Reduction Surgery: Corrective Surgery for Breasts that are Uncomfortably Large, Heavy and Causing Back, Neck or Shoulder Pain
Are your overly large or heavy breasts uncomfortable or problematic?
- Does your breast size impact your life style or the clothing you wear?
- Do you frequently suffer from back, neck or shoulder pain related to your breast size?
- Are you tired of the pain from bra straps that dig into your back or sides?
- Do you have other concerns about the size of your breasts or difficulties with clothing?
- Do insensitive people make rude or unwanted comments about your chest size?
- Does your breast size impact your overall health or psychological well-being?
Has having large breasts resulted in any of the following concerns?
- Shyness or embarrassment about your breast size?
- Feeling you look heavier or bigger all around simply because your breasts are large?
- Feeling discomfort when wearing a seat belt?
- Self-consciousness in social situations or with prospective partners?
- Pain or discomfort in your shoulder or back area, or in your neck?
- Avoiding swimming and other recreational or sporting activities?
- Deepending and uncomfortable bra strap marks on your skin?
- Clothing being uncomfortable or certain outfits digging into your body?
- Limited clothing choices that suit your size or shape?
Breast Reduction Surgery: Reduce very large and uncomfortably heavy breasts
These concerns can be improved with breast reduction surgery. Reduction surgery can remedy breast size, and mediate excessive breast weight and droopiness.
Breast reduction procedures also provide many women with enhanced overall body proportions and more choices in clothing.
Dr Tom Robbins may also recommend a breast lift procedure along with your reduction, to help you achieve an optimal result.
You may be an Candidate for Breast Reduction surgery by Dr Tom Robbins
Today, an increasing number of women are identifying that they feel their breasts are not in proportion with their overall body shape.
For many women, changing their proportion enables them to feel more feminine and comfortable.
Breast reduction surgery can significantly improve quality of life, alleviating pain and social, physical and psychological stress that can be caused from having large or heavy breasts.
Breast reduction (or reduction mammoplasty) has been found to improve the health, confidence and self-esteem for women who are concerned their breasts may be too large.
We often find after breast reduction surgery, women will say “I should have had this done years ago!”
For more information about a breast reduction procedures in Melbourne or for a personal consultation, please contact us to arrange a consultation with Dr Tom Robbins.
Dr Robbins will discuss your specific needs and how to achieve the best breast reduction surgery outcome. Together, you and Dr Robbins will discuss the recommended surgical options, whether or not a lift (Mastopexy) is needed in combination with the reduction, your preferences for nipple relocation or reconstruction, as well as post-surgery healing optimisation procedures. These include Healite II, Scar Minimisation using Fraxel, and Rapid Recovery packs that are designed to help you get the best results and best recovery from your Breast Reduction surgery.
Risks of Breast Reduction Surgery
Choosing whether or not a breast reduction surgery is right for you is a very personal decision.
Breast reduction surgery, like all surgery, carries certain risks and complications. Dr Robbins and Your Nurse Advisors will take you through the risks and complications associated with your Breast Reduction Surgery to ensure you understand the potential risks. They are happy to answer any and all questions or concerns you may have about your procedure or outcome expectations.
After discussing the procedure and deciding to proceed, you’ll be asked to sign a Consent Form indicating you fully understand the procedure, the associated risks, and potential complications issues, before you undergo your Surgery.